When Governments Go Wrong
Materials for class on Monday, March 19, 2018
- For more on Mormonism’s self-styled whiteness and the past racialization of the LDS community, see W. Paul Reeve’s Religion of a Different Color: Race and the Mormon Struggle for Whiteness. This two-part podcast from BYU’s Maxwell Institute is a good overview of the argument and findings.
- Check out this new research on how to possibly use school disctrict gerrymandering to reverse trends in school desegregation: We can draw school zones to make classrooms less segregated. This is how well your district does.
- Also check out this interactive (and exceptionally well designed) article about the race-based income and asset gaps: Extensive Data Shows Punishing Reach of Racism for Black Boys
Feedback for today
Go to this form and answer these three questions (anonymously if you want):
- What new thing did you learn today?
- What was the most unclear thing about today’s class?
- What was the most exciting thing you learned today?