Markets and measurement I
Readings due before class on Monday, January 8, 2018
- Chapter 1 in Naked EconomicsCharles Wheelan, Naked Economics: Undressing the Dismal Science, 2nd ed. (New York: W. W. Norton & Company, 2010).
- 1.1–1.5 in The EconomyThe CORE Team, The Economy: Economics for a Changing World (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2017), http://www.core-econ.org/the-economy/.
- Larry Elliott, “Heretics welcome! Economics needs a new Reformation”
- “Dismal ignorance of the “dismal science”—a response to Larry Elliot”
- Tom Nichols, “How We Killed Expertise (And why we need it back.)”